Monday, December 19, 2016

Trinkets Made Your Way

Hello Besties!  Today I have something that shows you
how you can use some of Sherri's papers and personalize
a gift for someone or turn something into the way you want it.


I found this adorable little wooden purse shaped trinket box
that I wanted to customize for my granddaughter to put her crayons in.
We couldnt have a plain old box for her, we had to glam it up
and give it some pazazz.

Since these papers are the U-print download, you can print
to the size you need.




All the papers match beautifully and can be used
in a variety of varations to get the look that is
"just right"





I began by taking the hardware off the box and priming and painting
it all white.  It took 2 coats for a good coverage with a light sanding
after the second coat.

This is where the fun began.  I began placing the papers once printed 
to cover the front and back to see which placement
I liked and with different variations til the 
look that I wanted just popped out.

I painted gesso on the front panel of the box and also
a coating on the back of the paper.   I used a brayer
to go over the paper to make sure all the bubbles
where out and to also make sure I had a great bond.
I set it aside to let it dry completely.  I repeated the same process
for the back panel also.

Once dry, I took a exacto knife and trimmed all the extra paper away.
I took a nail file and gentle filed the edges to remove any little
pieces.

I covered every inch with mod podge to complete seal everything
and added the hardware back on.




Check out all the wonderful paper packs available
and decorate away.
You can find all the printable paper packs HERE



Thank you for joining us and hope to see you again.
Until next time

Happy Crafting







4 comments: